airmid healthgroup is an organisation involved in research, development and testing of products and services that seek to improve the indoor environment. We provide companies with independent data to support their product/service development and claims.
We currently have a position available for a Laboratory Scientist to join our team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their career with a fast-growing company that has a strong culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Testing will routinely include microbiological (bacteria, mould and viruses) & allergen analysis. Other testing may include techniques such as ELISA, PCR, cell culture and cell-based assays.
- Liaising with clients on sample submission, testing timelines, test results, and other project management items as required.
- Accurate completion of necessary documentation for all tests carried out.
- Planning and performing multiple procedures across a variety of client projects.
- Producing reports.
- Reagent preparation, cleaning, and routine equipment maintenance.
- Maintenance of high standards of safety and housekeeping in the laboratories.
- Critical thinking to help resolve technical issues.
- Actively support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System to ensure compliance with ISO 17025: 2017 requirements.
- Participate in the generation and update of SOPs and forms within the controlled documentation system.
- Complying with the company’s documented policies and procedures.
- Identifying potential nonconformities, improvements, risks and opportunities in the Quality Management System and informing the Quality Manager.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of candidates. It is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties or responsibilities. Flexibility will be required to complete other duties as assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- The successful candidate must possess a master's degree in a discipline such as microbiology/biotechnology or a related field.
- Experience in microbiology and aseptic technique is essential.
- Experience with maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- High level of attention to detail in following procedures.
- Proven ability to recognise problems with equipment, methods, procedures and resolve the issues in a positive and proactive manner.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and as part of a team with flexibility to react to changing business needs
- Proven problem solving, project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present to various audience levels.
- Experience with virology techniques would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and experience of working in a regulated environment, such as to the ISO 17025:2017 standard, is desirable.
Applications without the required documents (both CV and cover letter), and applications consisting solely of a shared LinkedIn profile, will not be considered.