Standard test method for determining the antimicrobial activity of immobilized antimicrobial agents under dynamic contact conditions.
Products that can be tested
Non-leaching (immobilized and not water-soluble) antimicrobial products or surfaces.
Description of Test
- Samples of test and untreated material and a control are placed in sterile glass flasks.
- Escherichia coli is grown overnight and diluted to a working concentration of 1.5 – 3.0 x 105 cells/ml, which is added to the flask.
- Bacteria recovery at the start of the test (t = 0) is determined. The flasks are then shaken for 1 h after which time a small volume of the suspension is re-analyzed for the activity of the "leached" antimicrobial treatment.
- Plates are incubated at 35˚C for 24 h and any resulting colonies are then counted.
- The antimicrobial activity is determined as per standard.
Third Party Validation
On passing this test, the product can be labelled as tested by airmid healthgroup to ASTM E2149-10 in support of any claim relating to the test and data received.
4 weeks from receipt of samples