Airborne Allergen Concentration
Description of the test
Measurement of airborne allergen generated by a cleaning product during the cleaning process
- Testing is carried out in an environmental test chamber where the air exchange rate, temperature and relative humidity are standardised.
- House dust with a known concentration of allergen is applied to a known surface area
- Dry dusting and cleaning with water are used as controls.
- The cleaning product is applied as per the manufacturers instructions and the cleaning process is carried out in a standardized manner.
- Following cleaning, airborne allergen concentration is measured using an air sampler with a PTFE filter.
- Filters are then removed, stored and subsequently analyzed for the presence of allergen
2 weeks from receipt of samples