Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas. Test method and requirements (phase 2, step 1).
Products that can be tested
Chemical disinfectant and antiseptic products that form a homogeneous, physically stable preparation when diluted with hard water or, in the case of ready-to-use products , with water. It applies to products that are used in food, industrial, domestic and institutional areas excluding areas and situations where disinfection is medically indicated and excluding products used on living tissues except those for hand hygiene in the above considered areas.
Description of Test
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Enterococcus hirae are the required test organisms.
- A sample of product is added to a test suspension of bacteria in the presence of an interfering substance.
- Organisms are exposed to the test solution at 20 ± 1°C for 5 minutes ± 10 seconds
- At the end of contact time a portion is withdrawn and the bactericidal action of the test substance is neutralised.
- The number of viable bacteria is determined following serial dilution and enumeration on an appropriate agar. The reduction in viability is calculated.
Third Party Validation
On passing this test, the product can be labelled as tested by airmid healthgroup to BS EN 1276:2009 in support of any claim relating to the test and data received.
4 weeks from receipt of samples
The quality of the third party data we received from airmid healthgroup helped us showcase our innovative strategy of licensing this novel technology at a prestigious international scientific event, the European Innovation Convention. Ultimately this will allow us add value and differentiate our customer offerings through a focus on health and indoor air quality.
Mr. Robert Hickson, MD of VitrA Ireland