Airborne Allergen Test
Description of the test
Evaluation of the impact of a vacuum cleaner on airborne allergen levels during vacuum cleaning.
Products that can be tested
- This test is carried out while vacuuming a test carpet charged with a known quantity of allergen containing test dust in a large chamber at 23 ± 2°C, RH 50 ± 5%).
- Air samplers with controlled air sample rate are placed at various sites in the chamber.
- The air samplers are calibrated at a known airflow rate and are fitted with cassettes and PTFE filters.
- A particle counter is run simultaneously.
- Sampling takes place over a number of timing intervals.
- A personal sampler is also used.
- Following each sampling, membrane filters are removed and extracted and analysed for allergen levels.
3 vacuum cleaners with 9 bags and 9 filters
SEM Dust Distribution Photo Gallery
Click for more images
Vacuum Cleaner Informational PDF